Thursday, December 3, 2009

Moms only! how old do you think girls should wear eyeshadow?

my mom says i am too young to wear eyeshadow she wont even let me wear mascara!! i want to see what other moms think.Moms only! how old do you think girls should wear eyeshadow?
im not a mom but 13 is a good age to start wearing eyeshadow just remeber keep it simple if you dont sometime you can look a hooker use neutral colors.Moms only! how old do you think girls should wear eyeshadow?
I wasn't allowed to wear mascara until the 8th grade, because apparently you can scratch your retina and blind yourself with the wand. As for my daughter, I think I might allow it (eye makeup in general) earlier for special occations, but I don't think any earlier than 7th grade. Honestly, I hope she doesn't jhave an interest until she's much older, cause it's sad to see young girls who don't need it worrying about makeup. On the other hand, I don't want to make a big deal and forbid a thing that doesn't really matter so much.
My youngest is 10, I let her wear mascara and lip gloss so she'll look natural, I do let her play with it though. Sometimes I let her get away with more, blush, liner. My oldest is 13, she's almost 14 I let her wear whatever she wants unless she overdoes it with the liner. I try to teach her to look natural. Mineral makeup is good because it's better for her skin. Regular makeup can cause acne and other problems. I let her start wearing full makeup last year. Hope I helped.
I'm a (soon to be! Yay!) mom and I think that whenever she starts to feel like she wants that ';enhancation'; (not a word, I know. LOL) then she will be ready. If she starts to ';need'; the enhancation before 12, however, I wouldn't be very comfortable.





To sum it up, whenever a girl is mature enough to treat makeup as makeup and not face paint, she is ready.





EDIT: Wendy M hit it right on the spot. 7th grade is a good time, but special occasions beforehand can be accepted. All the other things she said, I agree with too.
About 15 or 16. But not too much at first because if you just show up to school one day with all this makeup on people with think you are weird, say mean things or whatever (I've seen it done many times). I started out slow not on purpose just happened that way. I was in 8th grade which would have made me 14 or 15 and I only wore a little eyeliner for a little while then added a little mascara and so on. If people make fun of you just say you are experimenting with new make up and what to see how it looked and what other people think. Make it casual. Then again I don't know how old you are.??? Hope that helped.
Hmm I dont know about other Mom's but my Mom is carefree.


I've been wearing eyeliner since grade six.


She thinks it's okay because I can experamint with my style and how I want to look.


There is nothing wrong with make-up!


I dont get why your Mom wouldnt let you wear any.


It's your choice... o.O
i'm not a mom, but i started wearing eyeshadow/mascara when i was 12. i looked atlot older and in middle school i wore foundation and people called me fake. whatever you do don't use electric purple. use something glittery if she finally lets you(:
13
as long as ur children arnt being immodest or putting herself in danger with her clothes, let her do what she wants
to look like whores and sluts and skanks
moms only my ***! i think they should wear it when they are around 14... or when mom thinks it's okay!
well looking at my pic on my avatar thingy im so ugly i needed make-up at age 4
  • hair show
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin color